Why God is so Amazing
January 2017 is a special month for me. Two extremely important “firsts” are here.
Here’s the thing: I would love to beg you to buy the book to support me, but that really isn’t the point. I’ve written the book not to make money but to spread the truth and knowledge of God. The book has some great depth to it, making it valuable to the more mature Christian; but it is written so that even a new Christian can understand and grow from reading it.
When I preach a message, a set number of people at the service might hear the message. After a couple of days (or hours), they may not even remember what I said. This book is my attempt to preach this message to a much greater audience and have it available for them days (or hours or years) later. In essence, this book makes my preaching available at all times to thousands of people.
That said, should you feel like you would like to support me in this, buying the book would be wonderful. By all means, click on the links above and get a copy. Your understanding of God will increase. Your relationship with God will deepen.
The Real Purpose
However, I believe many of you also want others to learn and grow. You want people to mature in their faith. You want people to stop sprinkling a little God into their lives on Sunday mornings. Your desire is for them to be poured out and immersed in God every day. If that’s you, then you want to get this book into the hands of as many people as you can. Here are some things you can do:
- Text or email your pastor the link to buy a copy. If he likes it, have him recommend it for the next Bible study. Or buy him a copy as a gift, for him to preview.
- If you lead or attend a Bible study, recommend the book for your next study.
- Share the book with friends that go to other churches so they can do a Bible study with it at their church.
- Write a review for the book at Amazon and Goodreads – this will help others understand why they should buy the book. This is tremendously important!
- If you work at a place (or know someone) that gives gifts (either to customers or employees), give them my email address so they can get an estimate for a bulk discount. Wouldn’t this be a great free gift?!
- Share the link (or this post) in your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) For instance, if you click on the Createspace link above, you can “like” the book.
This is an opportunity to grow the Kingdom deeper, make disciples instead of converts or members, teach people about the God they know about but don’t know well. I’ve written it. Now we all need to do our part to make it go viral. This is for God. For His Kingdom. Help me get this out there. If you can think of any other ideas (like contact radio stations), let me know in the comments below (or email).
Which Brings Me To The Next Thing
I mentioned there were two “firsts” for me this month. The second is that I am going to Kenya to meet with Pastor Tom Abungu.
I met Pastor Tom when he was here in Florida to share the work he is doing with the orphans in Nairobi. He asked me what I did and I told him I was writing this book. He asked if he could get a copy, so I sent him a draft (pre-publication). I had forgotten about it after several weeks had passed, but Pastor Tom did not. He wrote me and said:
“This is a really good book. I am really amazed and we want to start using it here in Kenya.”
So Pastor Tom invited me to come and speak to some of the pastors in Nairobi. I really needed to get the book published before I left. As you can see, I accomplished that. Now I needed to see how to get it to Nairobi. There doesn’t seem to be a straight-forward way to do that.
So I found that I could get 25 copies shipped to my home before I left for Africa on January 26. I figured I could bring 10 copies with me for the pastors and then try to sell the other 15 before I left. But I didn’t know if I was bringing enough, so before selling any, I emailed Pastor Tom and asked how many pastors he was expecting.
Imagine my surprise when he told me he was expecting 150!
This is a Good Problem
I made some calls to the printers and emailed a couple of bookstores in Nairobi. To make a long story short, the best pricing I could get was way beyond my means: just under $1,400.00.
So the bad news is, I will only be bringing 20 books with me. This means I won’t be able to get the book into the hands of 130 of the pastors I will be teaching. But I’m determined to get it to them when I sell enough books and can afford to do so. I am determined to get this into their hands so they can have it to share with their congregations.
So what I am asking you to do for me on this second part is to pray:
- For me to go and come back with no issues: health, customs, finances, etc.
- For me to have the heart for the people of Nairobi that God has for them; to have the words from God to speak so that the pastors will be infected with a passion to grow deeper in knowledge and experience with God
- For the pastors to have hearts prepared to hear what God speaks through me
- For the people of these churches to grow in their desire to know God more
- For the book to sell well so that I can get copies to each pastor within the next couple of months
- For God to use these books to create a revival in Kenya and reap a harvest throughout the country
- For Jackie, while I’m away (she’ll be staying in Maryland with her sister)
I thank God for what He is about to do with and through this book. I thank God for each of you who have supported me over this past year. I’m looking forward to 2017 and seeing what God is going to do. Glory to Him! Amen!